A Warm Welcome to Walden Tri !
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to our great club !
We are a club for athletes who train and compete in a variety of multisport activities including; Triathlon, Duathlon, Road Cycling and Running.
Formed in 2000, WaldenTRI has rapidly grown to over 100 athletes, offering the most comprehensive training programme in the local region from our Saffron Walden base. Our members are of all ages and abilities, from novices to GB age-group qualifiers and Sprint distance athletes to seasoned Ironmen. You will find our members and coaches very welcoming and always extremely enthusiastic. We hold weekly training sessions throughout the year across all 3 triathlon disciplines. In May we have our hugely popular Saffron Walden Triathlon , an ideal 1st triathlon with the swimming leg taking place in the pool.
We also hold regular social events from Summer BBQs to social evenings at Bicicletta . Our members will often arrange adhoc cycling, running or swimming get togethers in and around the fantastic local area we live in.
We look forward to welcoming you to WaldenTRI !
WaldenTRI Membership Information
Still unsure whether to join us? Then why not “Tri” us out for free. New members who have not been a member in the past year can attend all our sessions for free for 3 weeks (apart from Summer Time Trail – additional £4 per session). To take advantage simply drop an email to Luke our membership secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your full name and date from when you wish the temporary membership to start, you will then receive a confirmation email that you can take with you to any session giving you free access for a 3 week period.
Ready to join as a full member now?
Annual membership costs just £30 per year. To attend sessions you also need to purchase either 12 (£25) or 24 stamp card (£45) which can be purchased from our online shop (extra £1 for postage) or in person at Newdales in Saffron Walden. Our sessions cost either 1 or 2 stamps dependent upon session . Updates on sessions are posted on our facebook group.
|Session||Venue||Season||Day & Time||Cost**|
|Core Strength & Conditioning Session||United Reform Church, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden||All Year||Every other Monday 8.30pm. (Alternating with Running/Carver Barracks sessions)||2 Stamps|
|Running – Interval Training||Meet at Lord Butler Leisure Centre||Sept through to April||Every other Monday meet 7.45pm (Alternating with above Core sessions)||1 Stamp|
|Carver Barracks – Cycling/Running interval training & Transition||Carver Barracks||May through to August||Every other Monday meet – Approx 7pm dependant on day light. (Alternating with above Core sessions)||1 Stamp|
|Swimming||Lord Butler Leisure Centre||All Year||Every Wednesday – Meet 7.45pm for 8pm start||2 Stamp|
|Summer Cycling Time Trails||The Audley End Business Centre (Mutlow Hill – B1383)||June/July/August||Every other Thursday – approx. 6.30pm dependant on day light||£4|
** 1 stamp is the equivalent of £2.08, 2 stamps £4.16 based on buying a 12 stamp card for £25.
Benefits of Membership
- Regular training sessions in swimming, cycling and running. Access to a group of experienced and enthusiastic coaches including two Level 2 Triathlon coaches.
- Opportunity to compete in the Club Kit.
- WaldenTRI is affiliated to Triathlon England and the club and members are covered by their insurance.
- WaldenTRI is affiliated to CTT (Cycle Time Trials) so you can compete in events run under the rules of this association.
- Discount when joining Triathlon England as an individual member.
- WaldenTRI has a closed Facebook group, which is the best way to keep up to date with session times and dates as well as for contacting members to arrange adhoc training rides etc. Search for us on Facebook and click to apply to join the group. The administrator will approve your request.
- Members receive a newsletter each month by email.
- Social and motivational gains from being part of your local triathlon community.