News Round-up Sept. 2nd
It's less than a week until the Paralympics begin. There are high hopes for Team GB in many sports including, of course, the triathlons and Channel 4 has planned extensive coverage of the games, both on TV and on line. This morning (2nd September) former WaldenJNR George Peasgood has set-off for Rio to contest the PT4 tri and of course we wish him the best very of luck for the big day, which is Saturday 10th September. George's race starts at 2pm UK time. Channel 4 says there should be recorded highlights broadcast at some stage, but didn’t say whether that was TV or in one of their web channels, but in the event of a Team GB medal this will go up their priority list.
Phil Doel had a great result in last weekend's Worthing tri, finishing 10th in AG, in 2hrs 15 min. Despite tough conditions for the sea swim, in a force 6 south-westerly wind, Phil's swim time was just 22m 41s for 1500m! Phil is planning a race report which we will hopefully publish in the next edition on Transition.
There are still several races remaining that qualify for points in the club championships:
- 11 Sep, St Neots sprint and standard
- 18 Sep, Newmarket tri (WT sign-ups: Francesca Giordano, Steve Kidman, Jess Hudson)
- 25 Sep, Dunmow tri (sign-ups: myself, Harry Pearce, Mark McGiddy; Ben Bely)
- 02 Oct, Tri Crazy, Bedford
Other near-by races this autumn include:
- 02 Oct, Gt. Notley duathlon
- 16 Oct, Bedford autodrome duathlon (ETU qualifier)
- 11 Sep, Takely 10k
- 11 Sep, Flitch 10k
- 11 Sep, Redricks lake tri
- 25 Sep, Huntingdon duathlon, Abbots Ripton.
- 02 Oct, Haverhill tri
- 03 Dec, Santa Dash (5k) in aid of Grove Cottage: £10 including a free Santa suit to wear for the run! Location: Grange Paddocks, Bishop's Stortford
End of season party, 26th November: the Annual Dinner
Tickets are available via the club kit shop on the website at £20. There will be lovely food and great live music, plus the award presentations. This event is open to club members and their partners and we would love to see as many of you as possible. Please support this event by reserving your tickets asap.
Any suggestions for training or events?
I hate to say it, but have you noticed the evenings drawing in? ... but we can start to make our plans for indoor off-season training. Please get in touch to tell us what you would like us to organise. Core training? Turbo? Circuit training? Spinning?
We are hoping to organise an evening run on Thursday 8th September: details will appear on Facebook.