2015 Walden Off Road Duathlon WD15
WaldenTRI are very pleased to be offering our exciting Off Road Duathlon again for 2015. WD15 (Walden Duathlon 2015) a run – bike - run for both Seniors and Juniors (TriStars 1,2,3 & Youths).
The event will based around the disused airfield, next to Carver Barracks in Wimbish (near Saffron Walden, Essex). The venue gives us a variety of terrains to incorporate. The run leg will be on both the tarmac of the main runway as well as some off road scrubland and grass. The bike leg includes an exciting variety of terrains and several interesting obstacles to make it a little more fun for both spectators and participants! The airfield provides ample parking as well as a pavilion with changing, toilets & shower facilities.
For the Seniors, the distances will be a 6.2k run, 18k off road bike & 3.2k run. Relay teams of 2 are available (i.e. one person running both legs and one person cycling). For the Juniors, the distances will be as per the prescribed BTF distances, however relay teams are not allowed. The Junior distances are as follows:
- TriStars 1 (age 9-10) 1.2k run, 2k mtb & 400m run
- TriStars 2 (age 11-12) 1.6k run, 4k mtb & 600m run
- TriStars 3 (age 13-14) 2k run, 6k mtb & 800m run
- Youths (age 15-16) 2k run, 6k mtb & 800m run
- Adult race £25 (BTF Members) or £30 (non BTF Members)
- Adult Relay (2 entrants) £35 (BTF Members) or £40 (non BTF Members)
- Junior race £15 (BTF Members) or £18 (non BTF Members)
Both senior and junior events require a mountain bike, or cyclocross. Road bikes are not allowed.
(Please Note - There will be a bike cut off time of 2 hrs 30 mins fo the senior race)