For those of you that are new to the club or haven't done cross country before, I'll just give a quick run-down:
- This will be WT's 5th season of running cross country over the winter months.
- We compete in a league of 18 teams, mainly against pure running clubs. However, in the seasons so far we have shown that we more than a match them.
- Over the season there are 5 races, 1 each month from Oct. to Feb.
- The races are over a distance of between 5 - 6 miles.
- The field size is usually more than 300 runners.
- The standard is very hot at the front, but there are plenty of steadier runners behind. Over the seasons WT members have filled the whole range of positions from first to last !
- You can run in one race or you can run all 5, there is no commitment that you have to run the whole series.
- The races are free for you to enter, the club pays a small charge to enter the team for the season.